Tuesday, April 8, 2008

did i mention that i'm better than you?

'cause i am. really. let's recap: yesterday, i went to class (late, of course). came home (instead of going to the gym). watched some newsradio (only a couple episodes, self, i swear. then you can read dickens). became overwhelmingly tired at about 3pm and proceeded to sleep (with a couple of interruptions) basically until 9am this morning. felt so depressed and guilty about doing nothing yesterday that i skipped class to read the shit i could have finished yesterday. thought about going for a run, but then it started raining and i convinced myself that i didn't feel like it (even though i love running while it's raining). i also have yet to do any real work on my seminar papers.

god help me (i don't believe in god).

3 comments:

a said...

Every day is starting over. What you didn't do yesterday doesn't matter. What you can do today does. It's the only thing that does.

Barring that, just sit around, drink, and play "throw stuff at other stuff" until you actually have less time left to do all your work than a robot on speed would need. Then you discover true panic, the next several days are a blank, but you regain consciousness in mid-May with something (who knows what) turned in for every class. But I recommend the first thing.

Billie J. Pilgrim said...

this post makes me happy. i love you.

Standard said...

Jessie just explained this post to me. You know how I feel about satire. I got so excited that I almost used an exclamation point. Then I stopped myself.